Location: Priory Street, CV1 5AB
The New Cathedral is a work of inspiration. Work started a day after the Old Cathedral was bombed during the Blitz of 1940, and the Cathedral is now recognised as a beacon of hope, fellowship, peace and reconciliation. The decision to rebuild the cathedral was taken the morning after its destruction.
Rebuilding would not be an act of defiance, but rather a sign of faith, trust and hope for the future of the world. It was the vision of the Provost at the time, Dick Howard, which led the people of Coventry away from feelings of bitterness and hatred. This has led to the cathedral’s Ministry of Peace and Reconciliation, which has provided spiritual and practical support, in areas of conflict throughout the world.
Open with restrictions in place for both Nave of New Cathedral and Old Cathedral ruins
Cathedral Tower climb
Currently closed due to Covid-19
There is no charge for individual visitors to the Cathedral but we do ask for donations in order to support the upkeep and work of this amazing place.
Cathedral Tower climb: £4